Womans hair extensions ripped out and kebab shop owner battered in mass brawl

Don’t miss a thing by getting the Daily Star’s biggest headlines straight to your inbox!

A kebab shop brawl that saw a woman have her £350 hair extensions ripped out and the shop owner left brutally assaulted has seen two men jailed.

Caprice Knowles was with her husband and their friend at Istanbul Kebab Shop in Southport when a brawl started over them allegedly being called “travellers”.

The attack on kebab shop owner Sinan Sucan, 37, came after he tried to protect a man, who was being assaulted by the males in the group in the early hours of December 15 in 2019.

Mr Sucan suffered multiple fractures to his right eye socket and wounds to his head after being punched and kicked by Knowles' husband Andra Walker and Joseph Wilkinson, the Liverpool Echo reports

Liverpool Crown Court heard Mr Sucan had been outside dealing with a delivery when he returned to find Walker and Wilkinson attacking Alex Jones, 28, who was already on the floor.

As Walker and Wilkinson were attacking Mr Jones, the victim’s girlfriend Natalie Ledsham was being attacked by Knowles.

Ms Ledsham was punched to the floor and had her hair extensions torn out during the assault.

Simon Duncan, prosecuting while during the hearing of Wilkinson, explained how the incident started to the court: "She (Ms Ledsham) recalled Caprice Knowles, the partner of Andra Walker, saying something like 'have you got a problem with me?'

"The male on the punch machine visible in the CCTV footage was heard to say 'have you got a problem with my woman?'

"The violence started when Mr Walker punched Mr Jones; that resulted in a flurry of blows, not only from Mr Walker but also from this defendant, Mr Wilkinson."

Mr Jones escaped any long-term injury and only suffered bruising and damage to his finger.

However, Mr Sucan's eyesocket was shattered and he was left with a 3cm laceration above his eye with bleeding in the eyeball itself.

The court heard Mr Sucan has suffered lasting nerve damage and pain and left with permanent scarring to his face.

At the sentencing hearing for Walker and Knowles, the court heard a comment may have been made about the group being part of the Traveller community, which is believed to have been the reason for the brawl in the shop.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

Knowles later admitted to assault occasioning actual bodily harm and was handed a community order, which included an electronically monitored curfew.

Walker handed himself in and was jailed for 22 months in last December but Wilkinson was not arrested until this summer.

Wilkinson was jailed for 20 months, of which he will serve half in custody before being released on licence.

  • Crime

Source: Read Full Article