Popular chain pub Wetherspoons confirmed another of their pubs will shut this month, as a further 34 remain at risk of pulling their final pint.
Dozens of the budget booze establishments could be up for grabs as sales of certain properties are confirmed.
Two boozers have already closed their doors permanently this month, with Cliftonville in Hove, East Sussex and The Willow Grove in Southport both calling last orders on Sunday last week, The Mirror reported.
READ MORE: Charles Bronson admits to smearing himself with Lurpak naked for 'rumble of his life'
Another site has since been confirmed for permanent closure, with the cost of living crisis hitting the chain pubs as The Sir John Stirling Maxwell in Glasgow announced it will shut its doors on March 26.
In total, 34 current sites of Wetherspoons pubs have been put up for sale while 13 have had confirmed offers made on them.
A full list of pubs marked for closure has since been released, with the 800-strong chain preparing to shut more than a handful of places.
Wetherspoons are yet to confirm the eventual fate of those pubs, but has since updated the list of their venues that could be closed in the coming months.
A list of those staple pubs in areas such as Derby, Cheltenham and Islington, could be closing up shop if an offer is not presented.
Prince Harry 'knew naming daughter Lilibet would disrespect Queen', expert claims
Pubs currently marked for closure
- The Butlers Bell, Stafford
- Worlds Inn, Romford
- Silkstone Inn, Barnsley
- Wrong ‘Un, Bexleyheath
- The Percy Shaw, Halifax
- Jolly Sailor, Hanham
- The Alfred Herring, Palmers Green
- The Moon & Bell, Loughborough
- The Widow Frost, Mansfield
- Resolution, Middlesbrough
- Foxley Hatch, Purley
- The Rising Sun, Redditch
- Sennockian, Sevenoaks
- Admiral Sir Lucius Curtis, Southampton
- The Colombia Press, Watford
- The Malthouse, Willenhall
- The John Masefield, New Ferry
- The Crosse Keys, Peebles
- Lord Arthur Lee, Fareham
- The Saltoun Inn, Fraserburgh
- General Sir Redvers Buller, Crediton
- Plough & Harrow, Hammersmith
- Thomas Leaper, Derby
- Tollgate, Turnpike Lane
- Asparagus, Battersea
- Millers Well, East Ham
- Hudson Bay, Forest Gate
- Angel, Islington
- The Billiard Hall, West Bromwich
- Capitol, Forest Hill
- The Bankers Draft, Eltham
- Moon on the Hill, Harrow
- The Bank House, Cheltenham
- Last Post, Loughton
It comes as Wetherspoons previously closed down 10 of their beloved drinking spots in February, as booze prices see a hike in line with the cost of living.
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
- Wetherspoons to close 10 pubs this month – read full list due to call time
- Brits freeze in -15C Arctic blast as Met Office confirms coldest night of the year
- Grieving family told they have wrong body just before cremating convict's corpse
- Dog brutally rips off woman's nose after becoming startled by her teeth whitening kit
- Helicopter crash that killed two Brits 'may have been caused by pilot not hearing radio'
Source: Read Full Article