Tragic puppy bled from her eyes in worst case of poisoning vet had ever seen

A three-year-old girl is still wondering when the vet will “give her puppy back” after the family dog died from a horrifying case of poisoning.

Cheshire mum Chloe Smith described the “nightmare” situation after her Pocket Bully pup Sasha ingested the poison while being walked.

Chloe, mum to three-year-old Malaya and five-month-old James, says she first noticed something was "not right" was when normally friendly and lively Sasha seemed tired and uninterested in playing.

She said the dog was off her food and just ignored the children that she would normally play with "day in, day out”.

At first she was advised that Sasha might just be coming into season, but then the symptoms worsened: ”Within 24 hours of that she began vomiting a thick white foam-like liquid, she began hiding away from us all, then she began to bleed from her backside."

The concerned family then took Sasha to the vets, reports Cheshire Live, and this is when the "nightmare" began as her condition worsened.

Chloe says the poison caused the puppy to be "eaten from the inside out" as she bled from her eyes and rear.

"We had no idea it was all going to spiral out of control, she was being eaten from the inside out and she was bleeding from her backside, eyes and couldn't even stand on her paws," she said.

"She looked like she had endured absolute torture and was poisoned with a heavy dose of rat poison to the point her intestines were coming out with her sick. She was shaking and couldn't even lift her head from the floor…”

  • Man draped dead animals on gravestone while dressed as a woman to 'agitate people'

Chloe added: "The vets had done all they could and it was the worst case of poisoning they have ever seen so we had no other choice but to let her go.

"The selfless act of human stupidity has cost the life of our family pet whose life was only just starting.

"This has caused such heartache in our home, my daughter still wonders why the doctors won't give her back."

The heartbroken mum warned other dog-owners to remain vigilant and pleaded for those who poisoned Sasha to stop doing "such horrendous things".

Chloe said: "Please to any dog owners, be aware and as soon as you see anything out of the ordinary seek medical attention.

"When they're off the lead be aware of where they're running and what they're playing with and please look out for anybody acting out the ordinary.

Chloe said that since the tragic incident she had heard form other dog owners who had lost pets after walking their pets in the same area.

"And to those who are doing such horrendous things please stop,” she said. “I would hate to see this happen to another pet never mind a child."

Source: Read Full Article