Teens killed senselessly in linked London stabbings named by outraged police

"Outraged" police have named two 16-year-old boys who were killed in linked and "senseless" stabbings in London this weekend.

Kearne Solanke and Charlie Bartolo were discovered just a mile apart on Saturday afternoon (November 26), the former in Titmuss Avenue, Thamesmead, and the latter in Sewell Road, Abbey Wood.

Police were called at around 5.10pm on Saturday. Both teens were pronounced dead and murder investigations were launched.

READ MORE: Mum's one regret after stabbing paedo neighbour to death who abused her three sons

Crime scenes and police cordons remained in place today (Sunday, November 27) with forensic teams spotted at the scene on Titmuss Avenue.

Police have now revealed they are looking to speak to anyone who may have seen a dark-coloured SUV-type vehicle in the area.

A black Nissan has been cordoned off and deemed a "car of interest" in the investigation.

Detective Superintendent Richard McDonagh said: “Homicide colleagues are investigating and are treating the two murders as linked.

“I can assure everybody affected by these murders that skilled detectives will work tirelessly to discover what happened and provide answers to the young victims and families.

“Officers are especially keen to hear from anyone who might have seen a dark-coloured SUV or 4X4 type with distinctive silver roof bars in the areas around Sewell Road or Titmuss Avenue in the days prior to the murders.

“We have already heard from a number of witnesses and I’m grateful to them.”

He added that he joins the community in “being deeply saddened and outraged by the senseless murders”.

Tearful teenage boys were seen in Titmuss Avenue today laying flowers. One placed a red love-heart balloon alongside them.

Locals have spoken of their concern and horror following the murders.

Bamidele Folorunso lives nearby and was on the way to church at the time. She told the PA news agency: “We just found out the boy was on the floor and the police came and they tried to resuscitate him.

“Since then, everyone in the area has been mourning. It is very sad to lose a 16-year-old boy.”

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

Victor, 30, a football manager who says he went to school with one victim’s mother, described how crime in the area has been getting worse in recent years.

“There is a lot of stuff going on on the street with the young kids – it’s due to the lack of youth centres," he said.

“There is not really a place where kids say: ‘This is a safe environment.’

“I’ve got three kids. I went and told my partner [about the stabbing] and she said: ‘I want to get out of here.’”

READ NEXT:

  • Jealous bloke chopped girlfriend's body into six pieces and threw her head into a pond
  • Dad, 38, found dead covered in 'white powder' had been shot and covered in acid

  • Incredible £99 Black Friday laptop deal sees 85% off Dell computers on eBay

Source: Read Full Article