Teens Ford Fiesta explodes in calamitous end to crazy 100mph police pursuit

Police have released horrifying dashcam footage of the moment a teenager crashed his Fiesta causing it to "explode" while driving at 100mph.

Oliver Clark, 19, of Weelsby Street, Grimsby ploughed into the rear end of a lorry, causing his Ford Fiesta to disintegrate.

The initial impact saw the car take out chunks of the lorry before the vehicle spun out and smashed into pursuing police cars.

READ MORE: Teen volleyball star loses legs after speeding driver sends another car flying into her

The crash occurred on the slip road off the A180 eastbound up to Barnetby Top at around 4 am on July 4, 2022, according to GrimsbyLive.

Shocking footage of the incident was captured by one of the Humberside Police vehicle's dashcams.

Reports described the aftermath as the Fiesta disintegrating in an explosion of metal and dust and career into the path of the pursuing police car.

Emergency services worked to free the teen from the wreckage, who was then rushed to the hospital where he remained in a coma for four days. He is still recovering to this day.

Clark walked with the aid of crutches when he attended Grimsby Crown Court.

The court heard that the police officer from the pursuing traffic car escaped with only minor injuries and shock.

  • 'My brother died in the Thames with dumbbells tied to his hands – it doesn't add up'

Clark admitted dangerous driving and was sentenced to 12 months in prison, suspended for two years.

He was also banned from driving for two years, and ordered to take an extended retest before obtaining his driving licence, and had 20 rehabilitation days imposed on him.

Judge John Thackray QC told him: "You should consider yourself extremely fortunate."

He added it was only “pure chance” that no one had been killed in the pursuit and the collision which dramatically ended the chase.

The judge told Clark he would have served many years in prison and live the rest of his life with the knowledge that he had killed someone had the crash proved fatal.

  • Missing bloke's severed arm found inside shark's stomach eight days after disappearance

He said the case had "every aggravated feature you can think of" for dangerous driving.

PC Sean Hutchinson from the Humberside Police Serious Collision Unit said: “Due to the dangerous manner of Clark’s driving after a fail-to-stop, it was not possible to immediately bring the pursuit to a safe resolution, as to do so could have risked endangering the lives of the officers engaged in the pursuit.

"Clark then drove at speeds in excess of 100mph up the Barnetby Top slip road and collided with the rear of a 32-tonne lorry which was also heading up the slip road.

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here .

  • Off-duty cop shot in front of son in 'barbaric' attack named as high-rank police chief

“The force of the impact was such that the lorry was pushed off the road, coming to rest in trees at the bottom of an embankment.

“Officers feared Clark’s car would set alight and risked their own lives to recover him from his car and provide first aid.

“Fortunately, the driver of the lorry escaped with minor injuries as did the roads policing officer whose car was hit as Clark’s car rebounded off the rear of the lorry.”


  • ' Innocent' death row inmate who is 'mentally challenged' has evidence denied by court
  • Man says he killed girlfriend with axe after he 'went for the tree and it hit her head'
  • Suspected hitmen killed in plane crash as 'black hole' takes down wanted pair
  • Paedo bus driver who killed boy, 8, and then moved in with his parents could be freed
  • Source: Read Full Article