Teen stabbed at O2 Arena after Cineworld altercation as police rush to scene

  • Bookmark
  • Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to the Daily Star’s newsletter

    We have more newsletters

    A teen has been stabbed at the O2 Arena in North Greenwich, London, with police rushing to the scene after an "altercation in Cineworld".

    Police were called to the scene of The O2 at 2.46pm today by London Ambulance Service, where they found a teenage boy with multiple stab wounds.

    He was treated at the scene by paramedics and taken to hospital, with his condition currently unknown.

    READ MORE: Dog decapitating sicko faces life for trying to rid entire town of LGBTQ+ people

    Three boys are said to have been detained at the scene by security staff and subsequently arrested by attending officers on suspicion of causing GBH.

    Eyewitnesses at the time say they saw around "10 police officers" rushing to the arena following the reported "stabbing".

    Said stabbing occurs just hours before K-Pop band ATEEZ are set to perform at the O2 Arena, with fans warning one another of police presence and asking each other to "stay safe".

    It is not yet known whether the incident is connected to the gig tonight, MyLondon reported.

    A mum-of-three at the scene of the stabbing said: "We were with three babies in TGI and we were panicking. I assumed (there had been a stabbing), and they just left the doors open."

    A statement from O2 Arena was released, which read: "Cineworld at The O2 will remain closed for the rest of the day. The rest of The O2, including outlet shopping, bars and restaurants, and attractions remain open. Tonight’s arena event is going ahead as planned."

    Police have since put a crime scene in place at the scene as those nearby take to social media to say that a helicopter and "undercover police cars" were spotted.

    One eyewitness wrote: "Helicopter, undercover police car and another police car just rushed to the London ATEEZ concert… HELLO?"

    Another wrote: "[I don't know] what’s going on at the O2 but around 10 police officers were charging into the O2, some person got arrested near the queue and a helicopter circulated and landed near the O2."

    To get more stories from Daily Star delivered straight to your inbox sign up to one of our free newsletters here .


    • 'Prisoner named Bill the Bomb was even more fearsome than Charles Bronson'
    • OnlyFans boxer Astrid Wett left bloody mess after 'brutal' spar ahead of 'fight night'
    • Mum so drunk behind wheel she handed cops CD thinking it was driving licence
    • UK spud shortage sees shop shelves stripped bare and strict veg rationing introduced
    • British tourists 'cheat death' after boat with 36 passengers capsizes in Portugal
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Breaking News

    Source: Read Full Article