Prince Harry has reportedly gone into "panic mode" after his grandmother was taken ill last week, and has been trying to contact the Queen to see how she is on a regular basis from his home in California.
Members of the Royal Family have been sharing their support for the Monarch by reportedly "taking turns" to visit her at Windsor Castle and keeping her company through phone calls, while she recovers from her illness.
A royal source has claimed that Harry and Meghan Markle have sent a bunch of flowers to Her Majesty while Harry has been left feeling "helpless" in Montecito.
A source close to the royals told celebrity outlet Us Weekly: "The royals went into a state of panic when they heard the Queen was admitted to hospital and are taking turns to call her daily and visit her at Windsor Castle."
Speaking of Prince Harry, the source claimed the Duke of Sussex had fallen into "panic mode" after hearing about his sick grandmother, The Express reports.
Randy Brits back to bonking thanks to post-lockdown booze boom
"He felt helpless being 5000 miles away in Montecito and has been checking in non-stop with her," they said.
Despite the differences with the Royal Family, Harry has always praised his grandmother and recently described her as "Colonel-in-Chief".
During the Duke and Duchess of Sussexes' explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey in March, the Duke said: "I have spoken more with my grandmother in the last year than I have done in many, many years.
"My grandmother and I have a really good relationship and a good understanding."
Since the couple's move to California following Megxit in 2020, Harry has only seen the Queen on two occasions, after he returned for Philip's funeral and the unveiling of Diana's statue.
It has not been confirmed if he and Meghan will return next June for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations.
The monarch, 95, has maintained a very busy schedule in recent weeks and "reluctantly" cancelled a trip following medical advice to Northern Ireland on October 20.
It then emerged that she spent the evening in hospital and would have to spend a period of rest following advice from her medical team.
The source also told Us Weekly: "The Queen is finally acknowledging that she won't be around forever and needs to slow down.
"She's not a quitter and will continue working, but is handing over some of her duties to Charles and William and is preparing them to take over."
The Daily Star has contacted the Sussexes' representatives for comment.
For the latest breaking news from the Royal Family and stories from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Source: Read Full Article