Prince Harry ‘dumped Queen and Prince Charles by email’ in new Megxit revelation

Prince Harry emailed the Queen and Prince Charles to say he and Meghan Markle were quitting the Royal Family, it has been revealed.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will officially step down as royals next Tuesday, March 31, for a new, financially independent life in the US.

It emerged earlier today that Meghan reportedly issued Harry a bombshell ultimatum before they left the royals – saying “me and Archie are your family”.

It came after it was reported yesterday the Sussexes have already upped sticks in Canada and now moved to the glitz and glamour of California.

But now another Megxit revelation has emerged over how Harry dropped the bombshell news of his and Meghan’s decision on his dad and grandmother.

According to the Daily Mail’s royal correspondent Rebecca English – who has followed Harry for years – Harry announced he was turning his back on the family by email.

She said the email was sent after Harry and Meghan flew back to the UK in January following a long break in Canada where they had been “plotting” their breakaway.

The Queen had initially given her blessing to the Sussexes to spend the Christmas break in North America, but as Rebecca said, “unknown to anyone, the couple had in fact been ‘plotting’ a life outside of Britain”.

  • Queen using coronavirus lockdown to FaceTime royals and 'go on secret Facebook account'

Rebecca said: “Shortly before they came back to London in early January, Harry contacted his grandmother and father by email to tell them he and Meghan wanted out.”

The royal expert said that both the Queen and Charles urged Harry not to rush into anything, but that the Prince “thought his family were stonewalling” and “decided to push the nuclear button”.

Days letter Harry and Meghan issued the unprecedented statement – without telling the Queen – announcing they were leaving as senior members of the Royal Family.

Rebecca said: “Back in the UK, Harry summoned his senior staff to meet the couple at Frogmore Cottage and told them their plans.

  • Coronavirus: Fears for 'concerned' Camilla as she and Prince Charles isolate separately

“They begged him not to go public and warned him that putting all his cards on the table was a dangerous strategy.”

One courtier said of the shock, unannounced statement: “Her Majesty was shocked. People were angry the Queen had been so disrespected.”

Eventually, after countless Palace meetings – with Harry and Meghan hoping to maintain some role within the Royal Family – it was agreed for them to leave for good.

  • Fury as Prince Charles hikes rent for tenants on his £1billion land 

“In the end, the Sussexes capitulated and walked away to start their new life,” Rebecca said.

On March 31 Harry and Meghan will finally give up their Duke and Duchess of Sussex titles as well as their public funding.

It was revealed this week that Meghan has already bagged her first job outside of royal life, narrating an upcoming Disney documentary.

  • Disney
  • Meghan Markle
  • Prince Charles
  • Prince Harry
  • Queen
  • Christmas
  • Royal Family
  • London

Source: Read Full Article