An overexcited dog needed emergency treatment after furling herself through a glass door to welcome a pizza delivery driver.
Poor cockapoo Luna rushed to the door of her home in Watford, Hertfordshire, when the bell rang, but plunged straight through the class.
The animal ended up bleeding from the leg and covered in glass on the path outside, Herts Live reports.
The three-year-old somehow escaped with cuts and bruises and is now on the mend.
Relieved owner Debbie Sissman, 36, said: "We were so lucky. We know this could have been so much more serious.
"We’d moved house just before and I was concerned about the single-glazed glass panel on the bottom of the front door but hadn’t had the chance to get it replaced during lockdown.
"Luna is really lovely and friendly and although she’s very lively and will bark if the doorbell rings, we could never have imagined something like this would happen.
"She got there (to the door) before me and went right through the panel.
"The guy (delivery driver) was really shocked, just standing there not knowing what to do, and Luna had obviously got a real fright as she was frozen to the spot."
With their own vet closed for the weekend, Debbie called Vets Now and was told to take Luna straight to its emergency clinic in Hemel Hempstead.
Senior vet Michelle Dawson and her team quickly assessed Luna, concerned that there may be more damage than was immediately obvious.
She said: "With her going headfirst through the panel, we needed to check her out for any signs of concussion.
'Arrogant and evil' ex-lovers set 'friend' on fire twice and punched him as he burned
"Fortunately, she was clear and responsive during our observations, so we were able to clip the fur away and assess her wounds.
"After administering pain relief and antibiotics, we disinfected the wound on Luna’s leg and applied skin staples to close it.
"Luna was very brave throughout and stood eating treats during the procedure — such a star patient!”
Debbie was delighted to be handed Luna back later that day and she is now back to her old self.
She added: "We’re definitely very thankful she has come through this okay.
"We’re getting the house renovated just now and we’re actually replacing all the doors to make sure they are safe.
"It was very scary and I’d never want this to happen again."
Source: Read Full Article