Mums hot tub warning after son was ‘sucked into filter’ and left unconscious

Don’t miss a thing by getting the Daily Star’s biggest headlines straight to your inbox!

A mother has warned people of the "life threatening" dangers of hot tubs after her son was left unconscious and rushed to hospital when he was "sucked under by a filter" while bathing in a hot tub.

The disturbed woman told how it took three men to free the boy even after the tub had been switched off.

She posted the horrifying story on Facebook and recounted how the poor boy needed immediate CPR, The Mirror reports.

The post has since been shared over 32,000 times with almost 5,000 comments from many people thanking her for the urgent online warning.

The mum wrote: “Please read whole story – on Sunday our son was using a hot tub when he was sucked under by a filter outlet within the tub.

"This filter outlet is covered partially but there is a large rectangular hole which takes in the water and sends it to the filter and he was sucked into this outlet and could not escape."

She said that her son was left seriously injured despite the family acting quickly.

  • WWE legend Trish Statrus wows Instagram fans at 43 with stunning bikini snap

The mum continued: "Family were in full view and as soon as this occurred they immediately rushed to his assistance and it took three men to release him from the suction despite the tub being turned off straight away.

"When he was pulled out he was unconscious and cpr was started."

The boy was airlifted to hospital and thankfully received "brilliant treatment".

  • Harry and Meghan's 2021 plans 'in ruins' after Oprah fallout and baby name controversy

His unnamed mum added: “He received brilliant treatment both on the journey and during his recovery where he was monitored over a period of days.

"Fortunately (he) is now home and on the mend however had he not been rescued from the tub so quickly and the treatment been so good he may not be here today.

The mother added: "If anyone has or are thinking of buying hot tubs, spas or pools please ensure they are safe to use, are checked regularly and children are being watched at all times as stated in the units user manual.

Never want to miss a story like this? You can get all of Daily Star's articles sent directly to your inbox! Sign up in seconds here!

  • Facebook
  • Family

Source: Read Full Article