Horrifying moment woman shoots ex-girlfriend in head in ‘execution-style’ murder

A woman was killed on a sidewalk by her former girlfriend who pulled out a gun and shot her point-blank in the back of her head.

The "execution-style" attack took place when victim, identified as 51-year-old Nichelle Thomas, was walking into a convenience store in Brooklyn, New York City, on Wednesday afternoon (April 21).

Surveillance camera footage taken from a deli next door shows a maskless woman, dressed in black, running up to Nichelle from behind and pulling out a handgun.

She fired a shot at the back of the head and quickly fled the scene.

Nichelle was then rushed to a hospital where she died later.

Mohammed Ali, an employee working inside the shop at the time, told NBC News: "I was doing my work here and heard a shot.

"We looked and saw a lady down. It's sad, you know, to see a lady went down like that."

Another man recalled the scene and said the paramedics arrived and performed CPR on her while loading her onto the ambulance.

Brooklyn Police said the shooter, Latisha Bell, was arrested after turning herself in at a station on Wednesday evening.

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

The 38-year-old was charged with second-degree murder and criminal possession of a weapon.

A criminal complaint quoted Bell's statement when she walked into the police station, according to Daily News.

She said: "I am turning myself in for the homicide. The gun is inside the bag. I need to talk to the homicide detective. I did the shooting."

Authorities said the couple ended their 20 years relationship and broke up three years ago.

Bell's sister told reporters outside Brooklyn Criminal Court that her sibling was mentally ill and blamed Nichelle for trying to rekindle their relationship.

She said: "When my sister left her she should have kept going, you don't play with the mentally ill."

Bell was remanded in custody on Thursday after her attorney asked for a psychiatric evaluation and medical attention.

She will return to court on April 27.

Source: Read Full Article