Great-grandfather, 91, rushed to hospital after being beaten up by boy, 8

A great-grandfather was rushed to hospital after being allegedly 'beaten up' by an eight-year-old boy in Australia.

The elderly man was left with shocking injuries after he was allegedly punched in the head several times, before a man, aged 37, attacked him too.

According to police, the 91-year-old man, named Peter, didn't recognise either of his attackers when the incident occurred at the Cruising Yacht Club in Rockingham in Western Australia.

READ MORE: 'Caravan belongs to snake now' after massive python slithers up campers' door

The elderly man was sitting in a car when the boy is said to have opened the vehicle's door and launched the assault.

His family said he had never seen them before and didn't interact with either the boy or the man before the attack.

In a statement, Peter's family said he and an 86-year-old female friend had just left the Cruising Yacht Club to go home after a "nice night out with friends".

"They managed to drive off after a little while and when they arrived home, shaken and in total shock, they rang police."

The family added that Peter and his friends had been gathering in Rockingham for about 15 years without any other issues.

"Dad and a number of friends get together most Friday nights, at different venues in the Rockingham area, to have a dance, sing-along and catch up," they said.

"We are all so confused, especially Dad, [about] why the assault has happened.

"After having stitches to his eyelid, confirmation of several fractures and many appointments for specialists to come, he is a lot more cautious when he is out and about."

The 37-year-old man is said to have resisted arrest before trying to fight officers in custody and threatening their families, after refusing to provide details of his identity to officers.

He has been charged with assault occasioning bodily harm, failing to comply with a request for personal details, obstructing officers and disorderly behaviour in a police station.

No charges have been brought against the eight-year-old boy, who is below the age of criminal responsibility in WA.

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.


  • AFL star in tears after opponent's cruel jibe about 'mum dying'
  • Manhunt to find heartless thugs who tied dog to a tree and beat it to death
  • Woman suing local FB group admin over 'bull***t' claims she's having sex with her cat
  • Shark attack 'plague' descends on Australia as great white bites canoe in half
  • 'Healthy' woman, 37, diagnosed with dementia due to home's secret mould infestation

Source: Read Full Article