A 17-month-old British baby has tragically died after falling into a swimming pool during a family holiday to Spain.
The little girl's parents found the body of their young toddler in a hotel pool in Port d'Alcudia in Majorca.
It's been reported that the incident took place on Tuesday (August 23) at around 7pm local time and that the baby was found in a critical condition in the water.
READ MORE: Blokes in iconic 'Four Lads in Jeans' meme to be immortalised in statue outside pub
A lifeguard performed first aid as emergency services including police officers, the Civil Guard and an ambulance scrambled to the scene.
The youngster was revived after an hour of CPR local media reported and she was intubated and transferred in a critical condition to Son Espases hospital.
However whilst in ICU the little girl tragically died and her death was confirmed yesterday (August 26) at 5pm.
This comes as only two months ago a seven-year-old girl was left desperately fighting for her life after she nearly drowned at a hotel pool in the same region reports the Mirror.
Woman calls police after alarming discovery opening safe in house she bought at auction
In the same month a six-year-old Brit, a boy scout, died at another Majorca resort after he drowned in the pool.
So far this summer, more than 20 people have drowned in the Balearic Islands with emergency services called to 47 separate incidents.
Some 30 per cent of these cases have been children under the age of seven, Ultima Hora reports.
- Russia and China 'prepared to go further' with AI weapons for WW3 advantage, expert says
- Russian arms fair shows off chilling robot dog with huge RPG strapped to its back
- Grandad's doorbell cam captures woman with legs spread outside influencer hotspot home
- UFO expert tells how 'dark forces were at work' to sabotage Calvine investigation
- Bloke told to 'get a divorce' after people share horror at wife's first ever fry up
Source: Read Full Article